Is Your Property Winter Ready?
Cold weather has arrived in West Michigan. Cold weather can have a huge impact on your property whether it’s a commercial property or residential. Heavy snowfall,sleet, and icy conditions can cause serious and expensive damage. Though you can not control West Michigan weather, you can take steps to be better prepared. Take these steps into consideration when protecting your property.
- Check for weak branches and limbs around your structure. Snow and or ice buildup can cause branches to fall which could cause potentially personal injury or damage to your property.
- Inspect entryways,handrails,and stairways leading to your business or home. Such areas can become treacherous in winter.
- Inspect walkways and parking lots for proper drainage.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by allowing a drip when temperature go below freezing.
- Inspect your roof line and watch out for ice dams!
- Ask your SERVPRO of Allegan and Barry County sales team member to complete and Emergency Ready Profile (ERP)