Spring Cleanup For Fire Safety
It is officially spring and that means it is time for some cleaning! There are many things that you can do during your spring cleaning routine to help prevent a fire and protect your family should something occur.
- Clean your garage of newspapers and other rubbish that could fuel a fire
- Test your smoke alarms
- Gently vacuum your smoke alarms every six months
- Change batteries in smoke alarms, flashlights, and carbon monoxide detectors
- Replace smoke alarms every 10 years
- Keep outdoor debris and dead vegetation away from your home
- Properly dispose of oily or greasy rags
- Store gasoline in a shed or detached garage
- Keep outdoor grills away from your home and use them outside only
- Check your propane grill hose for leaks or cracks, and never store the propane indoors
Have a happy and safe spring!