Clothes Dryer Fire Safety For Your Delton Home
Laundry is a monthly, weekly, or sometimes daily task for households; but did you know that 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year, with the leading cause being failure to clean the dryer?
Check out these safety tips below from FEMA and the U.S. Fire Administration to prevent a clothes dryer fire in your Delton home:
- Have a professional install and service your dryer.
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter. Make sure to clean the lint filter before and after each load.
- Also clean the back of the dryer on a regular basis where lint can accumulate.
- Check the venting system behind the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed or restricted.
- Make sure the outdoor vent covering opens when the dryer is operating.
If your home experiences a clothes dryer fire, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County, 269-686-0664. We are Here to help® 24/7