Content Restoration Cleaning After Fire Damage To Your Woodland, MI Home
SERVPRO's mentality, "restore" versus "replace", can help keep those treasured keepsakes in the family.
Fire damage, including smoke and soot, affects not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County certified technicians understand your family's furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings are the things that make your house a home.
Our "restore" versus "replace" mentality and our expertise can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that cannot be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items can be restored to pre-fire condition and use several different cleaning methods:
- Dry Cleaning - used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - an effective cleaning technique for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe - effective for items that cannot withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed it wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If you have questions or need help restoring your belongings, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County today, 269-686-0664
Commercial Services Available For Your Business In Allegan, MI
Large or small, SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County is Here to help®
For your Allegan business, the most important thing is getting you back to business as soon as possible. When a disaster strikes, not only do damages cost you, but also the time spent not servicing your customers and clients is detrimental to your business. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County are available 24/7 and can service any sized job. We will be there to get you back on track. We have the personnel and equipment to ensure that your cleanup and restoration process is completed quickly and accurately. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County also have the training and expertise to help make it, "Like it never even happened."
Large or small, SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County is Here to help®
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing and Industrial
If your business has experienced a disaster, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County today, 269-686-0664
Know Your Safe Place If A Storm Strikes Mattawan, MI
Know your safe place before extreme weather hits.
When preparing for extreme weather in Mattawan, knowing your safe place is a simple but potentially life saving action. If you are unsure where your safe place is, we share some tips below from The National Weather Service.
Tornadoes can be extremely dangerous. If you receive a tornado warning, take shelter immediately. Safe places are storm shelters and basements. If those are not available, an interior room without windows on the lowest level, can also be protective.
Lightning strikes the United States 25 millions times per year. Sometimes those strikes result in permanent injury or death. If you hear thunder or see lightning, take shelter immediately. Indoors or inside a hard-topped and enclosed vehicle is the safest place.
The leading cause of weather-related deaths most years is heat. During extreme heat, stay inside, keep cool, and stay hydrated.
Water levels and flow speed can quickly change during a flood. You are safest staying indoors, or seeking higher ground during a flood. If you're stuck outside when a flash flood occurs, do not attempt to cross flood waters by vehicle or on foot.
During high winds, tree damage is expected. Indoors, away from windows, in an interior room is the safest place during extreme winds. You can also prevent damage to your property by trimming loose branches and parking away from trees.
If your property has suffered storm damage, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County, we are Here to Help®, 269-686-0664.
Hopkins Residents: We Specialize In Flooded Basement Cleanup
This flooded basement was caused by a hot-water tank failure.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Hopkins basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer pipe
- Heavy rain causing surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home's structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home's integrity. It's worth making a call to SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and let our trained, professional crew handle the situation safely and efficiently. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are flooded basement specialists:
- Available 24 hours, 7 days per week
- A preferred vendor to many national insurance companies
- We can bill insurance directly - one less thing for you to worry about
- Our technicians are highly-trained in water restoration techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- We have advanced inspection and extraction equipment
Basement flooded? Call us today - We're Here to Help® 269-686-0664
Sewage Backup Causes In Your Grand Junction, MI Home or Business
Damaged sewer lines are just one reason why you may experience a sewage backup.
Sewage backups can be an extremely devastating event that can happen to just about any business or home. There are three main reasons why you may experience a sewage backup in Grand Junction.
- Clog - if you have a singular trouble area that experiences a backup, like a tub or sink, it most likely is a clog and can be fixed by cleaning the drain. If all drains in your home or business are backed up, there is a blockage at the main drain that is causing the issue. The overflow will continue and will cause extensive damage to your entire home or business until the blockage is removed.
- Tree Roots - roots of large trees in the area of a sewer line can often cause severe problems. They can grow into the pipes and cause holes and blockages. They can also wrap around the sewer line and crush it.
- Damaged Sewer Lines - older properties usually have older sewer lines that have not been upgraded. All pipes and sewer lines in older homes were built using cast iron and clay which can wear with time, get rusty, and easily break down. New sewer lines are made out of plastic and usually do not cause these issues.
Sewage backups can be hazardous to your health and cause a great amount of structural damage to your home or business. If you experience a sewage backup, do not attempt to flush the toilet. Do not use harsh chemicals to attempt to clear the drain. Leave the clearing and cleaning to the professionals. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County helps to ensure your damage is mitigated according to industry standards.
If you have experienced a sewage backup, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County today, 269-639-0464, we are Here to help®
Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup in Fennville
SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County provides cleaning services related to crime scenes and trauma.
Once the police clear a crime or accident scene, the cleanup and restoration process can begin. Most crime and accident scenes include blood and other biohazard material. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County can respond quickly and has the specialized training, protective equipment, and experience to safely clean crime and trauma scenes. Out technicians follow OSHA and EPA protocols, focusing on safety, when comin across bloodborne pathogens or harmful chemicals.
Crime Scene and Trauma Cleaning Services:
- Fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals from a crime scene investigation
- Tear gas and pepper spray residue
- Fire extinguisher residue
- Blood, bodily fluids, and tissue remnants resulting from accident, trauma, crime, or death
If you or someone you know needs trauma cleaning services, leave it to the professionals, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County, 269-686-0664, we are Here to help®
Wayland Residents - Common Mistakes Made With Water Damages
These stairs are from the "Waiting Too Long" mistake.
When encountering water damage in your home, many peoples first reaction would be to start cleaning the mess up themselves. As it is good to stop the source and try to remove excess water, the most critical mistake would be to handle everything on your own. Below are some common mistakes that homeowners make when a water damage happens in their Wayland home.
"I'll just put a fan on it."
Many of our mold jobs come from a homeowner or business owner that decided to turn their water damage into a DIY project. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County has technicians specifically trained in water restoration through the standards and best practices of The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). There is a science to drying, and SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County technicians are experts in it. We use advanced inspection and extraction equipment to dry and restore as efficiently as possible; finding hidden water that the naked eye cannot see.
Waiting Too Long
We understand, life is hectic. But when water damage affects your home, immediate action is key. The longer the water sits, the more damage to your home and belongings. Taking care of the situation promptly can save you lots of time, stress, and money.
Not Understanding Your Homeowners Policy
Many homeowners don't even know which insurance carrier they have, let alone know what is included in their policy. Make sure to get with your insurance agent before a disaster to know what type of coverage you have. If you live in a high flood zone you should consider adding flood insurance since that is not covered by normal homeowners insurance. Also, if you have a sump pump in your basement, look into an endorsement, or rider, for a sump pump failure.
Don't make these mistakes. If you're dealing with a clean water damage, there are tips that you can do while waiting for SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County to arrive. Call us today, 269-686-0664
Three Categories of Water Damage That Can Affect Your Freeport Home or Business
This Category 3 - Black Water was caused by a main sewer backup.
Flooding in your Freeport home or business can cause serious damage. Identifying the water damage category is the first step to water damage restoration, as not all water damage is created equal. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County customizes our restoration process based on this information for an effective and timely recovery.
Category 1 - Clean Water
Category 1 water damage comes from broken pipes, an overflowing sink, or rainwater. Health risks with category 1 water damage are low, provided you respond to the situation in less than 48 hours.
Category 2 - Gray Water
Some common sources of graywater are toilets, equipment discharges, chemical wastes like detergent, laundry, and soap. Category 2 water damage can pose mild to severe contamination risks. Gray water can promote microbial growth and the severity of the condition usually escalates with time. Direct and indirect exposure to gray water damage can affect your person health and property.
Category 3 - Black Water
Water from sewer or water containing grease, oil, urine, etc are the main examples of black water. This water type hoards bacteria, viruses, and other toxic allergens, which makes it contagious. This type of water damage requires fast action to mitigate serious health risks.
No matter what kind of water damage you are dealing with, you can trust in SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County to take care of your home or business quickly and efficiently. Call us today, 269-686-0664
When Fire Strikes Your Dowling, MI Business
No height is too high for our SERVPRO technicians to clean!
When you experience a fire in your Dowling business, the smoke and water damage from the firefighters' extinguishing efforts likely cause additional damage. The following are some tips to better understand the fire restoration process:
- First Contact - when you call us, you will be asked questions regarding the fire damage that will help us respond immediately with the appropriate team, equipment, and resources.
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment - SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County will carefully inspect the entire building, not just the immediate area, as sometimes soot and water can affect areas that are not always seen. This step is crucial to developing the best plan of action.
- Immediate Board-up and Roof Tarp Service - fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, missing windows and walls are boarded up and damaged roofs are tarped.
- Water Removal and Drying (if water is present) - the water removal process begins almost immediately, removing the majority of the water. Most of the water occurs if pipes melt and leak, from sprinkler systems, or from firefighters' efforts to extinguish the fire. We use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water to complete the drying process.
- Removal of Smoke and Soot From All Surfaces - We use specialized products, equipment, and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing - We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire with SERVPRO commercial grade cleaning products. We can also remove several types of odors using industrial air scrubbers, ozone machines, and fogging equipment.
If you have experienced fire damage in your business, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County today, 269-686-0664
A Tree Fell On My Roof In Pullman, MI - What To Do Now
Follow these steps for less stress after a fallen tree incident.
When a tree falls on your roof, it can cause many problems. It can damage your home's structure, it exposes your home to the elements, and increases risk of other damage from electrical sources. Below are steps of who to call after a tree falls on your Pullman home.
- Make contact with necessary individuals - first you'll want to call your insurance company to consider coverage. Then call a tree removal company, someone to tarp the roof, and a roofer. Lastly, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County if you need water restoration inside your home.
- Remove the tree - we are not able to address water issues until the damaged area of the roof is cleared.
- Tarp exposed areas - a fallen tree most likely will cause damage to the roof, leaving it exposed. To ensure outside elements do not get in and cause more damage, tarping temporarily protects your home so SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County can mitigate the water damage inside.
- Contact a roofing contractor - you can not leave your roof tarped forever. You will need to get with a roofing company to determine the next phase of repairs to your roof.
A fallen tree can cause a lot of damage and stress. The above steps can help ease the stress. Call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County today, 269-686-0664