Why Choose SERVPRO For Your Restoration and Remediation Needs?
Here to help® 24/7
When a disaster such as fire, water, or mold damage takes control of your life, SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County help you take it back. We are a trusted leader in the restoration industry, with training, experience, and equipment to quickly make those disasters Like it never even happened.®
Disasters usually do not happen during regular business hours, that is why we provide 24-hour emergency services. Our highly trained restoration technicians work in sun, rain, and even blizzard conditions to take care of our customers. With over 2,000 franchises, we are Faster to Any Sized Disaster™, and no job is too big or small for us.
If you walk into a flooded basement in the middle of the night or on Christmas morning, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County, 269-686-0664, we are always Here to help®
Fireworks Safety for Paw Paw, MI Residents
Stay safe this summer season.
Summer brings numerous holidays and special events to celebrate with fireworks in Paw Paw. The safest way to enjoy and view fireworks is to attend a professional show. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), more than 19,500 reported fires are started by fireworks annually, including 1,900 structure fires, 500 vehicle fires, and 17,100 outside and other fires. The following are a few ideas to get into the spirit without fireworks.
- Use glow sticks, they flow in the dark and are a safe alternative to sparklers, which get as hot as 1,200°F!
- Noise makers make a statement without fire. They can be found at local party supply stores or you can even make your own.
- Have an outdoor movie night, setting up a screen and projector.
- Red, white, and blue stilly string - fun for all ages!
- Make a patriotic craft with the family, such as red, white, and blue tie dye shirts.
If your home or vehicle suffers fire or smoke damage this summer season from fireworks, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County for a quote, 269-639-0464
Tips For Your South Haven, MI Business When Dealing With Biohazards
Here to help® you and your business.
Biohazard contaminants should be considered extremely dangerous as they can pose a serious health risk to you, your staff, and your customers. Sewer backups, flood water, COVID-19 exposure, and bodily fluids are some biohazard scenarios that can affect your business. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore these types of contamination.
After any biohazard contamination in your business, your primary focus should be safety. Is it safe to stay in your business? Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
What to do after a contamination:
- Stay out of affected areas
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life threatening
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage
If your South Haven business has been affected by a biohazard contaminant, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County at the first sign, we are Here to help®, 269-686-0664
Why SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County? Advanced Technology and Techiques
Infrared Thermal Camera at work
Over the past few decades we have seen major advancements in technology and techniques used in the restoration industry. These advancements allow SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County professionals to restore a property back to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor moisture levels.
- Infrared cameras can help detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor making for a more thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of water from your property.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units efficiently remove water.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers prompt moisture to evaporate at a faster rate.
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Fire and water damage often cause strong odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers remove airborne particles and contaminants.
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents control odors.
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.
If you've experienced water damage in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County today, 269-686-0664
Otsego, MI - Are You Winter Ready?
Help prevent your pipes from freezing and bursting.
Temperatures are dropping in Otsego and Allegan County. In addition to regular home maintenance, in the winter months, protecting your pipes from freezing is just as important. Even a small crack in a pipe can emit hundreds of gallons of water causing flooding, damage to your furnace, and serious structural damage. It also presents an immediate potential for mold growth.
Three main causes of frozen pipes are quick drops in temperature, poor insulation, and thermostats set too low. By taking the following preventative measures, you can help reduce the risk of frozen water pipes this winter.
- Insulate your pipes - exposed pipes are most susceptible to freezing.
- Seal any leaks that allow cold air inside - look for air leaks around electrical wiring, dryer vents, and pipes. Use caulk or insulation to keep the cold out.
- Let water drip - let warm water drip from a faucet overnight.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the pipes.
If your pipes still freeze and burst, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County, 269-686-0664, or SERVPRO of Van Buren County, 269-6390464, as well as your local Insurance Agent, for immediate assistance
Content Restoration Cleaning After Fire Damage To Your Woodland, MI Home
SERVPRO's mentality, "restore" versus "replace", can help keep those treasured keepsakes in the family.
Fire damage, including smoke and soot, affects not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County certified technicians understand your family's furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings are the things that make your house a home.
Our "restore" versus "replace" mentality and our expertise can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that cannot be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items can be restored to pre-fire condition and use several different cleaning methods:
- Dry Cleaning - used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - an effective cleaning technique for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe - effective for items that cannot withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed it wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If you have questions or need help restoring your belongings, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County today, 269-686-0664
Commercial Services Available For Your Business In Allegan, MI
Large or small, SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County is Here to help®
For your Allegan business, the most important thing is getting you back to business as soon as possible. When a disaster strikes, not only do damages cost you, but also the time spent not servicing your customers and clients is detrimental to your business. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County are available 24/7 and can service any sized job. We will be there to get you back on track. We have the personnel and equipment to ensure that your cleanup and restoration process is completed quickly and accurately. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County also have the training and expertise to help make it, "Like it never even happened."
Large or small, SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County is Here to help®
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing and Industrial
If your business has experienced a disaster, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County today, 269-686-0664
Know Your Safe Place If A Storm Strikes Mattawan, MI
Know your safe place before extreme weather hits.
When preparing for extreme weather in Mattawan, knowing your safe place is a simple but potentially life saving action. If you are unsure where your safe place is, we share some tips below from The National Weather Service.
Tornadoes can be extremely dangerous. If you receive a tornado warning, take shelter immediately. Safe places are storm shelters and basements. If those are not available, an interior room without windows on the lowest level, can also be protective.
Lightning strikes the United States 25 millions times per year. Sometimes those strikes result in permanent injury or death. If you hear thunder or see lightning, take shelter immediately. Indoors or inside a hard-topped and enclosed vehicle is the safest place.
The leading cause of weather-related deaths most years is heat. During extreme heat, stay inside, keep cool, and stay hydrated.
Water levels and flow speed can quickly change during a flood. You are safest staying indoors, or seeking higher ground during a flood. If you're stuck outside when a flash flood occurs, do not attempt to cross flood waters by vehicle or on foot.
During high winds, tree damage is expected. Indoors, away from windows, in an interior room is the safest place during extreme winds. You can also prevent damage to your property by trimming loose branches and parking away from trees.
If your property has suffered storm damage, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County, we are Here to Help®, 269-686-0664.
Hopkins Residents: We Specialize In Flooded Basement Cleanup
This flooded basement was caused by a hot-water tank failure.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Hopkins basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer pipe
- Heavy rain causing surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home's structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home's integrity. It's worth making a call to SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and let our trained, professional crew handle the situation safely and efficiently. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are flooded basement specialists:
- Available 24 hours, 7 days per week
- A preferred vendor to many national insurance companies
- We can bill insurance directly - one less thing for you to worry about
- Our technicians are highly-trained in water restoration techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- We have advanced inspection and extraction equipment
Basement flooded? Call us today - We're Here to Help® 269-686-0664
Sewage Backup Causes In Your Grand Junction, MI Home or Business
Damaged sewer lines are just one reason why you may experience a sewage backup.
Sewage backups can be an extremely devastating event that can happen to just about any business or home. There are three main reasons why you may experience a sewage backup in Grand Junction.
- Clog - if you have a singular trouble area that experiences a backup, like a tub or sink, it most likely is a clog and can be fixed by cleaning the drain. If all drains in your home or business are backed up, there is a blockage at the main drain that is causing the issue. The overflow will continue and will cause extensive damage to your entire home or business until the blockage is removed.
- Tree Roots - roots of large trees in the area of a sewer line can often cause severe problems. They can grow into the pipes and cause holes and blockages. They can also wrap around the sewer line and crush it.
- Damaged Sewer Lines - older properties usually have older sewer lines that have not been upgraded. All pipes and sewer lines in older homes were built using cast iron and clay which can wear with time, get rusty, and easily break down. New sewer lines are made out of plastic and usually do not cause these issues.
Sewage backups can be hazardous to your health and cause a great amount of structural damage to your home or business. If you experience a sewage backup, do not attempt to flush the toilet. Do not use harsh chemicals to attempt to clear the drain. Leave the clearing and cleaning to the professionals. SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County helps to ensure your damage is mitigated according to industry standards.
If you have experienced a sewage backup, call SERVPRO of Allegan / Barry County and SERVPRO of Van Buren County today, 269-639-0464, we are Here to help®