Recent Storm Damage Posts
Freezing temperatures and your home
Winter storms can caused a variety of water damage situations. With any water damage there is a timeline.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Need Service? Call Us 24/7 –269-686-0664
When Flooding Occurs We Are Ready
Don't let April showers get you down. SERVPRO of Allegan & Barry County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Allegan & Barry County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams https://www.SERVPRO.com/disaster-recovery that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 269-686-0664
Freezing Temperatures and Ice Daming
As winter comes to an end and everything begins to thaw new issues can arise. I'm talking about ice dams. An ice dam is a ridge of ice that forms at the edge of a roof and prevents melting snow from draining off the roof. The water that backs up behind the ice dam can leak into a residence and cause damage to the wall, ceiling, insulation, and other areas. There are a few signs to look for that might indicate an ice dam.
- Icicles forming on the roof line of your home
- ice and water forming on the siding or around windows
- Ice building up on the gutter or lower roof edge
- Water stains or moisture in your attic
- Water stains on the interior of your home (ceiling, walls, etc.)
When winter weather causes you trouble just remember SERVPRO of Allegan & Barry County is always here to help 24/7!
Have Questions? Call our Office! 269-686-0664
Our very own office pet Buddy!
Our pets are valued members of the family. When an emergency happens our four-legged friends should be included in the emergency planning. This blog will give you a few tips on what to pack for your pets if disaster strikes.
PET EMERGENCY KIT IDEAS:
- Food.At least a three day supply in a water proof container'
- Familiar Items.Such as toys and bedding
- Picture of you and your pet in case of separation or for proof of ownership.
- Important documents
- Collar and harness
- Crate or pet carrier
Also while planning your families fire escape plan be sure to include your pets. Microchipping can also be a great way to help protect and locate your pet. For more information check out https://www.ready.gov/animals
Remember SERVPRO of Allegan & Barry County is always here to make it "Like it never even happened".
Just Call our Office at 296-686-0664
Fire,Water,Storm Damage,Biohazards, Mold and Cleaning